When it comes time for this year's inevitable round-up, I think this game will feature prominently amongst my highlights. Styled upon old samurai films, its a visually lavish experience which really makes me want to stop and enjoy the view when I'm not striking down my foes in martial combat.
It's been a while since I played a game that looked this good even when you're not in the middle of a showcase battle or stage. This is a game worth playing for the quiet moments every bit as much as the loud. An experience that feels rich in content regardless of whether you happen to be doing anything at any given moment.
Vibrant colours, rich detail and a harmonious sense of sight and sound all coming together here. Didn't play this game on its initial PS4 release so can't comment on that version but on PS5 the presentation really is an immaculate showpiece of everything the console can do. There is a superb sense of a particular time and place here all rendered superbly. A true showcase of what sheer graphical horsepower can do when used effectively.
Wondering around a 13th century Japanese island fending off the Mongol hordes shouldn't feel so serene and yet I can't really fault the approach chosen here. The strong emphasis on cinematic presentation coupled with the sound of the breeze rustling the grasses and the trees overhead all makes for an experience that lingers with me after I turn the console off.
Whilst they have moved on from that series, it appears they have not lost their magic touch for creating high quality gaming experiences in this space. Naturally I will be hitting up the sequel Ghost of Yotei at some point but for now I think I'll be happy to steadily chip away at this one. Until next time!
Comments
Post a Comment